Open your eyes
Have you been awake for hours? Did you even sleep last night? After navigating the snooze button you’re finally able to make it out of bed. Still half asleep and finishing a yawn you catch a glimpse of yourself. The mirror doesn’t lie. The reflection you see looks tired. This makes you wish your eyes didn’t have dark circles underneath them.
Many people struggle with this problem and search for different ways to improve dark circles under eyes. Genetics do play a factor, but there is a lot anyone can do to target this issue.
Six ways to improve dark circles under eyes
- Put the drink down – This is an unfortunate truth. Alcohol can do a lot more harm to your skin that just increase dark circles.
- Cut the salt – A diet high in sodium can cause several health issues, but it can also cause dark circles under eyes. Allergic reactions can also cause dark circles.
- Real pillow talk – Let’s talk about your sleeping arrangement. Even changes in the weather can cause fluid to accumulate around the under eye area. Adding an extra pillow can help to drain this fluid.
- Think like MacGyver – Cold water can constrict the blood vessels under the eyes to temporarily reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness. There are many other home remedies to reduce dark circles.
- Avoid the sun – Too much of anything is a bad thing. Too much sun can cause skin cancer. Excessive sun exposure also encourages your body to produce more melanin. Melanin is what makes your skin tan after being in the sun and can darken the skin under your eyes.
- Get up! – It may be hard to believe, but oversleeping can actually cause dark circles under eyes. Some sources claim oversleeping is actually just as bad, if not worse, than not sleeping enough.
What causes dark circles under eyes?
While these six recommendations can improve dark circles under your eyes, remember there are other medical issues and illnesses that can impact the appearance of the skin under eyes. None of the information included in this post should replace the independent judgment of a physician for any given health issue.
As you can imagine, there are many reasons dark circles appear. Try our six smart ways to improve dark circles and let us know how you keep your eyes looking beautiful.
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn